If you’re active, busy, and constantly plugged into emails and texts (sounds familiar…) getting an hour-long massage sounds like an indulgence you don’t have time for. But here’s your wake-up call: it could be the most productive hour of your week, especially if you’re very active.
Here’s why. Our bodies respond to everything we do – the workouts, that Sunday evening couch potato hour (or two!), and even those few minutes spent texting – it all impacts our circulation, sleep patterns, anxiety, and muscle balance. Along with a myriad of other benefits, here are the top 6 reasons why your body is craving that post-workout massage, according to our experts.
- You’ll recover faster and bounce back stronger post-massage.
- Massages reduce muscle tension and balance your body so you’re optimizing the time you spend being active.
- In just an hour, you’ll decrease stiffness and fatigue and amplify the results of your workout.
- When you get back in the game, your flexibility will have gotten better – from the inside out.
- Regular massages prevent injury by reducing hypertonicity, soft tissue function, swelling, and helping to monitor muscle fatigue.
- The benefits of massage go deeper than your muscles themselves – a growing body of research shows that massage therapy supports your heart health and helps you maintain healthy blood pressure after high-intensity exercise.
Oh… and it’s a really relaxing way to spend an hour. But we’re betting you already knew that one. Book a therapy after your next fitness class and reap all the benefits massage has to offer.
Source: American Massage Therapy Association | amtamassage.org