You may want to double up on this heart-warming sweet potato turkey chili. Combining lean protein-packed turkey, scrumptious sweet potatoes, and bursts of spices and flavors, this delicious chili will keep you warm, full and most importantly…healthy. It’s important to be conscious of what you’re putting into your body to ensure you’re getting all of the vitamins and nutrition you need to keep your immunity up. Superfoods, like sweet potatoes, are packed with vitamins and antioxidants that help to fight off illness. If you’re keeping up with your fitness at home with Exhale On Demand, it’s crucial to get that healthy serving of protein, so you can stay strong and energized. Perfect for a post-workout meal, or an overall health boost, this chili will feed your wellbeing in every way. Let’s get cookin’.
20 oz 93% lean ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt to taste
10 oz can whole tomatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
3/4 cup water
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1 bay leaf
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
Jalapeño and cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, cook turkey (until brown) over medium-high heat. Continually break up meat as it cooks. Add salt and cumin.
- When meat is browned and cooked through, add onion and garlic. Over medium heat, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add can of tomatoes, sweet potato, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, and bay leaf.
- Cover and let simmer over medium-low heat. Cook until potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup of water if needed.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.