We finally found it: a healthy breakfast for when we need something delicious and fast.
This fiber- and antioxidant-packed recipe will keep you energized until lunch, won’t weigh down your morning workout, and it’ll look pretty on your plate!
Juice of ½ Lemon
1 slice whole grain toast (we love Ezekiel’s Sprouted Grain bread!)
Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
How to Make It:
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Crack egg into pan; cook 2 minutes. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until your liking.
- Combine lemon juice and avocado in a bowl with a fork.
- Spread evenly over toast slice.
- Top your toast with 1 fried egg. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
Meal Prep Tips:
- To store unused ½ of avocado, save the side with the pit, squeeze a little lemon juice on it, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- If you’re in a hurry, you can swap a pre-boiled egg for the sunny side up one.
Alternative Topping Ideas:
- Tomato slices, when they’re in season
- Sliced sun-dried tomatoes, when tomatoes are not in season
- Fresh herbs: basil, cilantro, etc.
- Smoked salmon
- Any veggies left in your fridge!