Barbecue season is almost here and we’re getting extra excited for the start of white jeans, burgers, bikinis….and booze! A zesty cocktail can transform your bbq from a cookout to a shindig. Since we like to keep things light (but not too light), we’re sharing our go-to summer cocktail that is both deliciously refreshing and just light enough to leave you sipping, guilt-free. Ingredients • 5 cups cubed, seeded watermelon • 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced into chunks. • 1/4 cup lime juice (from 2 limes) • 2/3 cups vodka or a light rum • A dash of stevia, or honey to taste (if it’s not quite sweet enough for you) • Ice, cucumber slices, watermelon wedges and lime wedges for garnish. Instructions
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl or pitcher.
- In a blender or food processor, purée the watermelon and cucumber together.
- Pour the purée through a strainer, pressing down on the purée with the back of a spoon or spatula so all the juice is squeezed through. Throw away the pulp.
- Stir in lime juice and vodka (or light rum) into the watermelon cucumber juice.
- Pour cocktail mixture over ice into four glasses and garnish with cucumber slices, watermelon wedge or a lime.
Like a little bubble? Add a splash of some ice-cold seltzer water for a fizzy and refreshing additive. Cheers and enjoy!