Teacher Training with Annie Carpenter
200 HOUR SMARTFLOW YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Part 1: July 2 - July 12
Part 2: July 23 - August 2
Early Bird price: $2950; $3250 Full Price ($350 non-refundable deposit)
This training includes:
- 200 hr teacher training with Annie Carpenter
- SmartFlow Training manual
- One month unlimited-class membership
- 10% off retail
- 20% spa services at the Fairmont hotel in Santa Monica
- 10% off special events at exhale
Part 1: July 2 - 13, 2015
ABHYASA – The Path of the Sadhana—Do your practice!
Part 2: July 23 - August 2, 2015
VAIRAGYA – The Path of Radical Acceptance—All is coming!
Vairagya is the ability to accept everything that arises with evenness and equanimity. It is the basis for the cultivation of community and the essence of every teacher who wishes to inspire her students. Vairagya reveals and celebrates the present moment in all its unpredictabilty and originality. As we delve deeper into the practices, we encounter everything on the spiritual path: strength and flexibility as well as weakness and pain; we find the greatest joy as well as fear and doubt. As spiritual aspirants and guides we gather and balance our energies and intentions to become the light embodied, beacons on this path.
SmartFLOW yoga celebrates the innate intelligence of juicy, flowing movement! This 200 hour Teacher Training offers you a strong foundation, yet remains in-depth with its emphasis on methodology not rote learning.
You will learn an evolved system of inquiry, awakening your practice and setting the stage for inspired and creative teaching. Asana, pranayama and meditation are our tools for transformation, rooted in the great traditions of yoga. A functional approach to anatomy informs your understanding of the essential movement principles; these principles are the ground for intelligent instructions and inventive sequencing. Movement principles are embedded in philosophical insight that drives the sequencing of the practice from within.
This training is for anyone who wants to take their practice to a new level: teachers, future teachers, and lovers of yoga.
300 HOUR SMARTFLOW YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: ADVANCED INTENSIVE - VIVEKA
August 20 - 30, 2015
$1350 Early Bird; $1650 Full Price ($350 non-refundable deposit)
Viveka is a beautiful sanskrit word that literally means discrimination. It describes an ongoing practice through which we discern the un-changing essence of life as distinguished from the impermanent, phenomenal nature of things. Through our yogic practices, we begin to discern the subtle effects each of our practices bring, and over time we determine that which furthers and maintains us –and our students -- on our spiritual paths.
DEVELOPING AUTHENTIC PRACTICE
- Daily advanced asana, pranayama and meditation practice
- Taking the SmartFLOW Movement Principles deeper: exploring the edge where avoidance and denial present themselves
- Understanding the body in a 3 dimensional way so that verbal cueing and hands on adjustments are truly effective, direct and meaningful
- Evolving compassionate languaging and timing: evoking radical acceptance in the present moment
- Pranayama practices:. observing how breathing patterns reveal unconscious mental patterns, and can help break them
- Developing/evolving personal ritual and themes for self-practice and creative sequencing
- Integration of the 8 limbs of yoga in your teaching
- Dharana & Dhyana: paths to focus the mind (finding a meditation practice that you will stick to!)
- Special guest Jamie Elmer: working with beginners/modifications
- In-depth study of the Bhagavad Gita with John Casey, Phd